Start a new topic

Reindex 1.3 job schedule is hourly now?

Reindex 1.3 created an hourly schedule vs Reindex 1.2, which creates the jobs per the documentation, below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you install Minion Reindex, it creates and schedules a daily reorganize job, and a weekly rebuild job:

MinionReindexDBs-All-REORG – Runs Daily – 3:00 AM except for Friday – to complete lightweight defragmenting (reorganize).

MinionReindexDBs-All-All – Runs once weekly – Fridays at 3:00 AM - to thoroughly defragment indexes (rebuild).

Hey Ed,

Yeah we've got an hourly job now.  Don't be alarmed though.  We did it because we brought in the same scheduler table that the other modules use.  So your reindexes won't run every hour, they'll only run based on their schedule in the table.  The reason we're running it hourly is to check the table to see if there's anything that needs to be run.  For each module it'll be the SettingsServer table.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please folks, update the documentation.  I know it's tedious but required in order to maintain and grow your audience.  Incorporate these types of changes, above, in the missing Reindex 1.3 quick start guide.  Don't just throw in the old 1.2 guide.  It throws people off.

Anyway, we appreciate your efforts.  Keep up the excellent work!

Things get missed sometimes.  I'll have our doc team (Jen) update it.

However, it was updated in the in-line help version.

You can access that like this:

Minion.HELP 'Reindex', 'Quick Start'

And to get a list of available topics for MR you can run it like this:

Minion.HELP 'Reindex'

Login or Signup to post a comment