Start a new topic

MinionCheckDB AUTO Issue

HI Sean, 

I've installed Minion Checkdb in a database. 

I've configure it to run with the AUTO option with the default 100gb size. 

The process didn't  working fine. For the database over 100GB minion CheckDB didn't perform CHECKTABLE or even CHECKDB 

When Manually executing CheckdbMaster @DBType = 'User' , @OpName =   'AUTO'

I got error messages as follow:

Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Procedure Minion.DBMaintDBSizeGet, Line 240 [Batch Start Line 0]

Invalid object name 'Minion.BackupSettings'.

Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Procedure Minion.DBMaintDBSizeGet, Line 240 [Batch Start Line 0]

Invalid object name 'Minion.BackupSettings'.

This database didn't  have Minion Backup install in it. 

The workaround was to install Minion Backup in the database. After it,  error messages disappear and AUTO option worked as expected. 

My understanding is that the different products can work independently . 

Is intended behavior the dependency of minion checkdb on minion backup?

Hi Sean i've just notice the post is in the incorrect section . Can it be moved to the correct one?

Hey, sorry it took so long to reply.  Yeah, originally they were separate products, but starting with MC there's some integration.

It comes in with the remote checkdb option.  With it you can use MB to take and restore backups for remote checkdb runs.

And unfortunately, SQL doesn't let you just not use a code path so the MB tables have to be there.

I'm working on getting the setup fixed so that these installs are complete.

The new paradigm will be to install the objects for all the products and just not install the jobs for the products you don't want to use.

Let me know if AUTO still isn't working once you get that all taken care of.  

If you still need help, it would be best if you could put your config tables into excel and upload them with the ticket.

HI Sean, 

Thank you for the details it's really helpful. 

I'm still having issues setting up all the configurations I hope you can help me. 

I've Attached the table configurations. Any table is not in the attachment haven't been touched.

Minion CHECKDB job runs every 15 min. 

Behaviour:

SystemDBs

• Checkdb didn't run in any system DB on any server. ChekdbLog doesn't show any entry for System DBs

UserDBs

• In StandAlone Servers CHECKDB run successfully as expected.
  • In AvailabilityGroups databases CHECKDB didn't run on any database. CheckdbLog reports an entry but CheckdbLogDetails is completely empty.

MinionCheckdb installed in master db and in all AvailabilityGroups replicas. 

Same settings are applied in StandAlone and AvailabilityGroups servers.

Only 1 server had 1 UserDB outside AvailabilityGroups. Checkdb did run for this DB only. 

I don't understand why SytemDBs never run and Why DBs in Availability groups were ignored.

Thank you.

I'm attaching the file again as i cannot see it in the post.

xlsx
Login or Signup to post a comment