Start a new topic

Backup issue

I build the new 2 node active passive cluster and installed the minion for backup but getting below error - Never see this error before and not sure which table need to check and from where it makes a connection string?

FATAL ERROR: Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server : SQL Server Network Interfaces: Connection string is not valid [87]. . Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server : Login timeout expired. Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server : A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is  configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online..

SQL version - 2016 ENT EDT

MB - 1.2

I've see the error before but you should be working fine on a cluster.  Are you connecting on a non-standard port?

Tell you what, I'll send you the latest version in email and we'll see if that clears it up.

Thanks Sean. I am connecting to a non-standard port. I updated with build sent by you and now that error gone but new one appeared -

FATAL ERROR: Msg 2809, Level 16, State 1, Server XXXXXXX Procedure DBMaintDBSizeGet, Line 179 The request for procedure 'MMAGInfo' failed because 'MMAGInfo' is a table valued function object. Msg 2809, Level 16, State 1, Server XXXXXXX, Procedure BackupStmtGet, Line 1198 The request for procedure 'MMAGInfo' failed because 'MMAGInfo' is a table valued function object.

I must've forgotten to rebuild it.  Ok, I'll send you another one in a bit.

So on your non-standard port... you need to set the port in the BackupSettings table.

If you're using 1433 you can leave it NULL, but otherwise, enter the port.

I'll get you that new code soon.

Login or Signup to post a comment