Start a new topic

Error rebuilding XML index

I have a database that has the following index definition in AdventureWorks2008R2:

USE [AdventureWorks_2008R2]

GO

SET ARITHABORT ON

SET CONCAT_NULL_YIELDS_NULL ON

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

SET ANSI_NULLS ON

SET ANSI_PADDING ON

SET ANSI_WARNINGS ON

SET NUMERIC_ROUNDABORT OFF

GO

/****** Object: Index [PXML_Store_Demographics] Script Date: 12/17/2018 11:21:54 AM ******/

CREATE PRIMARY XML INDEX [PXML_Store_Demographics] ON [Sales].[Store]

(

[Demographics]

)WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON)

GO

I am running Minion Reindex 1.3 with DataCompression = 'PAGE' in the configuration.

On this index, I get the following error:

FATAL ERROR: Msg 153, Level 15, State 4, Server P-DB-SQLDBA-01, Line 1 Invalid usage of the option data_compression in the ALTER INDEX REBUILD statement.

This is the command being executed from IndexMaintLogDetails:

ALTER INDEX "PXML_Store_Demographics" ON "Sales"."Store" REBUILD WITH (FILLFACTOR = 90, PAD_INDEX = ON, ONLINE = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = ON, DATA_COMPRESSION = PAGE, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON);

I do not see how I can override the DataCompression setting for a specific index. It appears that I can override that setting at a table level, but not at the index level.

How can I fix this so that the table maintains PAGE compression and the XML index does not cause this issue?

Additional information:

The database server is 2016 patched to the current level. The database compatibility mode is 100.

The current compression type on that table is Page. I can run rebuild commands on the clustered and the other nonclustered indexes with no problem. It only seems to have a problem with the primary XML index because it uses the DATA_COMPRESSION = PAGE modifier in the WITH clause.

Login or Signup to post a comment