Start a new topic

Documentation question

Where would I find the documentation for the usage of the different fields in the dbo.Servers table? I've got an odd architecture (nonsense VM server names with DNS CNAME records for us humans) and I'm trying to figure out if I can use the AlternateName field or just the Desc field, or what.

BTW: Half the links within the web documents are for an old site "desk.com" and need ot be updated to use the new "freshdesk.com" site, so it makes it difficult to dive deep.

Hey Wayne,

Let me look around and I'll get something to you soon.

Ok there's not a separate topic on this, but you can find the Servers table here: https://minionware.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000032804-objects-shared-across-modules.

Now, that said the the cols haven't made it in there yet but I'll get that updated right away.

For now though:

AlternateName is for those shops that need to access the servers with different names.  So let's say that the servername is Server1, but you need to access it from the ME server as App1.domain.com.  This is where AlternateName can come in handy.  

However, if you just want to use the FQDN to access the server, then you could use Suffix instead.  It would look like this:

ServerName = 'Server1', Suffix = '.domain.com'.

So Alternate is used instead of the ServerName, and Suffix is concatenated with ServerName. 

And Desc is just for you.  You can put anything in there.

Login or Signup to post a comment